The Windows Phone Be Original campaign was launched today to celebrate the next, hotly anticipated, release of Windows Phone (code-named Mango). This new release is free for existing customers and will include over 500 new features and enhancements to deliver smarter and easier communications, apps and Internet experiences. In commemoration of the launch, consumers are being encouraged to share their own original thinking and creativity as part of the Windows Phone ’Be Original’ competition.
Well-known fashion stylist Angela Scanlon, photographer Morgan and artist and illustrator Bren B will be providing inspiring and original tips and ideas for consumers via the Windows Phone Be Original Facebook page over the coming weeks. Like the Windows Phone Be Original facebook page for more information on how to get involved http://www.facebook.com/
“One of the key things about the latest release of Windows Phone is its unique approach,” says David Fitzgerald, Windows Phone Business Lead, Ireland “In recent years smartphones were becoming more and more about apps, with consumers having to navigate grids of apps and icons. With Windows Phone the focus is around people, making sure it’s easy to connect & share with those you care about most.”
Features will include:
- People Hub – The only phone with a People Hub, with one touch access, enabling users to keep up with friends on facebook, Twitter and Linkedin
- Threads – The only phone where your conversation can flow continuously across text, Windows Live Messenger, or Facebook chat in one place
- Live tiles – Bring the start screen on the phone to life at a glance allowing customers to get updates from their favourite apps and favourite people instantly
- Games Hub – For the gamers out there, Windows Phone makes it even easier to keep track of your Xbox gamer profile, scores and wins
- Internet Explorer Mobile – The only phone with Internet Explorer Mobile plus hardware acceleration, providing an improved internet experience.